Saturday, April 9, 2011

4 Ingredient Amaretto Cookies

I was in extreme need of a cookie and I had cake mix on hand. I have given up chocolate until Easter, but I have almond extract. Put these things together with a mixer and I have a very fast, very easy recipe that reminds me of our wedding cake. Perhaps I should have added a raspberry filling...

Ingredients
  • 1 boxed white cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp almond extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
  2. With an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, eggs, butter and almond extract until they form a soft dough.
  3. Form dough into 1 inch balls and space about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
  4. Bake about 9-12 minutes until lightly golden on the top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes about 20 cookies.

No comments: