Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chipotle Deviled Eggs

This is what I call a happy accident. I forgot to buy mayonnaise on Friday. We have about eight different types of mustard but none of us frequently eats plain mayo. I did find one lone bottle, with just enough left to make deviled eggs, and I'm quite happy with the results.  I used a smoked Spanish paprika on the top instead of the normal stuff for another hit of that lightly smoky flavor. If anything, I think these could use a little crumbled bacon. Apparently, I need to make bacon more often :)

Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Ingredients
  • 7 hardboiled eggs
  • 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 3 tablespoons Kraft chipotle mayonnaise
  • smoked spanish paprika
Directions
  1. Peel and slice all seven eggs in half.
  2. Scoop out the cooked yolk from all eggs and place in a mixing bowl.
  3. Keep the 12 best-looking egg white halves (discard or much the two rejects).
  4. Add mayo and mustard to the egg yolks and mix until well-blended.
  5. Scoop about a tablespoon of yolk filling into each egg half and sprinkle the tops with the smoked spanish paprika.

No comments: