- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Jimmy Dean pre-cooked sausage patties*
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 6-cup Daddy Size muffin tin (also known as Jumbo or Texas Sized)
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and toss over the potatoes. Yes they're frozen and the butter will solidify. Just mix it up until the butter crumbles are evenly distributed.
- Spread the potatoes evenly between the 6 wells in the muffin tin. Bake for about 10 minutes until the sides are beginning to get crispy.
- Thaw the sausage patties if they are frozen and cut or crumble them. Distribute evenly over the warmed potatoes
- Distribute the sausage evenly across the muffin cups and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes until they just begin to brown on top**.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper as you would for scrambled eggs. Distribute the eggs across the muffin cups (a gravy ladle was really helpful here). Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake another 10-12 minutes until the eggs are cooked through (use a toothpick to check.
**I cheat and use the convection feature of my oven which runs a fan to speed cooking. If you don't have a convection oven, your times may be a tad longer than mine.