- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon powdered lemon zest* (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter (half a stick), melted and cooled.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (or fresh, if they're in season). No need to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. You could also grease them, but I find that the blueberries frequently stick anyway (or maybe its my pan?)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Toss the blueberries in the flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl (I usually use a quart-sized liquid measuring cup to make pouring neater), whisk the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the dry and stir with a silicone spatula just until combined (that means no more visible patches of flour).
- Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until the tops are lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
*I buy the powdered lemon zest from Penzeys, and store it in the fridge to keep it fresh. No affiliation, just a happy customer.