This is also a great way to sneak in extra fiber into your diet. Just replace 1/2 of the regular flour with whole wheat. With all that chocolaty yumminess, you'll never notice :)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 1/2 cup all purpose + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- Chocolate and white chocolate chips
- Heat a griddle or skillet. For an electric griddle, follow the instructions. I set mine to 325, or a skillet to medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (not including the chocolate chips) with a whisk and set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients together, making sure to disperse the egg. The liquid should be pale yellow
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until the batter just comes together. There will be lumps, but they shouldn't be huge.
- Pour batter onto your hot griddle/pan.
- Before the top sets, sprinkle chocolate chips onto the cooking pancakes.
- Cook until the top side looks almost dry. Then flip with a spatula and cook until the other side is a light golden brown.
About 8 4-6" pancakes. Serve with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, warmed raspberry jelly, or just a fork.