Sunday, August 7, 2011

Triple-Chocolate Chip Cookies

True story: I shared a bite of this cookie dough with my 4-year old son and he spit it out. I have no idea whose genetics this problem comes from, because raw cookie dough is one of the exceedingly few sweet-related food weaknesses my husband has (and we all know that I have a sweet tooth the size of Antarctica). And lest you all think I'm forcing salmonella upon my children, I do use pasteurized eggs.

Anyway, there recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 ounces dark chocolate, grated
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1.5 ouce milk chocolate bar, broken roughly into about 1/4 inch chunks

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and grated chocolate and set aside.
  3. With a mixer, cream the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until combined.
  4. Carefully add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until combined.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks.
  6. Scoop by 1-inch balls onto a cookie sheet. 
  7. Bake 9-12 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet about two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
  8. Good luck fending off the wild hoards of chocolate lovers while they cool. Or, just serve warm :)

No comments: