This recipe is from FoodNetwork and their copy (with the ability to print nicely) can be found here.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the silicone muffin cups on a cookie sheet and spray the inside of each with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then whisk in the butter, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Quickly fold the wet ingredients into the dry with a rubber spatula. Just before the batter comes together, fold in the chocolate chips—don’t mix the batter too much or the muffins will be tough. Divide the batter among the muffin cups (1/4 cup of batter per muffin). Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Turn the muffins out of the tins, cool on a rack. Serve slightly warm with jam.