- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frosting (about 2-3 teaspoons per donut)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the milk-egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula just until the batter is mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. This makes exactly 12 donuts in my pan, but fill yours about 1/2 full, and use any excess batter to make mini-muffin-pan "donut holes".
- Bake about 15-18 minutes until they are lightly golden brown on top.
- Let them cool in the pan at most about 5 minutes.
- Frost and shake with sprinkles.