Butter, buttermilk and apple butter. The butter in the biscuits makes it unnecessary to add extra to the finished bread, providing the perfect excuse to crack into some locally canned apple butter.
- 1 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Apple Butter (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients.
- Add the butter cubes and toss in the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter, further cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir until the mixture comes together into a ball. Kneed a couple of times by hand to make the dough a little easier to handle.
- Divide into 12 rough balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with apple butter.