- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, cold
- 1 cup Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the butter into 1/4" cubes. Toss into the flour.
- Using a Pastry Blender, cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles crumbs.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Stir in the whipping cream with a heavy silicone spatula just until the dough looks like a crumbly ball. It does not need to hold together.
- Carefully turn the dough out onto a lightly floured countertop, pastry mat, or clean surface (I have an oversized wooden cutting board that I never use for cutting, only for dough). Try not to make a mess. crumbly dough tends to crumble all over the place.
- Press the dough together with your fingers to form a flattened disk, about 1" high and 8" wide (dinner plate size).
- Using a knife or Pastry Scraper, cut the disk into 8 wedges (like cutting a cake).
- Transfer the wedges to the lined cookie sheet (the pastry scraper does double duty here--triple duty if you use it to scrape dough bits off your pastry board during the cleanup stage).
- Bake 12-15 minute until golden brown.