- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or 2 tablespoons cooking oil)
- Heat griddle (mine is cast iron set over two burners turned to a smidge higher than medium...your settings may vary).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, canned pumpkin, and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a sturdy spatula just until combined.
- Lightly grease your griddle with oil or cooking spray (no spraying over an open flame please).
- Pour batter by 1/3 cup scoops (I use a soup ladle) onto heated griddle. Flip once the edges are dry and the bottom is lightly browned.
- These pancakes are pretty moist and sometimes need more time than normal ones.
Makes about 8 4-5" pancakes.